I am still dealing with affairs after the passing of my mother Bibi Freeman, founder of this site.
Sorry for the disruption to our normal service.Click to see updates!
Sep 27, 2021
This document is available in laminated form from our shop. We have reproduced the text here in case you would like to make your own.
Notice for Parents, Guardians and Carers
Children must have permission to be painted and be accompanied by an adult. - For the safety of our customers we regret we will not paint anyone who, in the opinion of the face painter working here, appears to be suffering from a cold sore, conjunctivitis, or any other infectious skin complaint, or who has eczema or an open cut on their face .
- We do not paint children under three years old as the products we use are not recommended for children under three.
- Please make sure children's faces are clean and noses have been wiped before being painted.
- The face paints that we use have been designed for professional use and comply with all the EEC cosmetic regulations. As with any cosmetic products some people may develop a sensitivity to one of the ingredients. Some children are allergic to elements contained in the wide range of ingredients in common products. If you have any concerns about your child's reaction to face paints please discuss them with the face painter before your child is painted. It is always possible to do a patch test or a motif on the hand to be on the safe side.
- We will not paint signs or symbols or other designs that are in any way racially or religiously offensive.
- Water-based make-up can be removed easily by washing with soap or baby shampoo and plenty of water - take care around the eyes as soap can sting! Some colours may temporarily stain slightly if the skin is dry - your usual baby lotion after washing may help to remove this. It is not advisable to use baby wipes as they sometimes contain alcohol which can sting, or oils which seal the colour on to the skin.
- Clothes that have been in contact with face paint should be soaked in cold water (ideally with a stain remover such as Bio-Tex or Vanish) before washing normally.
This document has been created by